Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Felted Acorns Craft

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I thought I would squeeze in one last fall themed post before it is no longer seasonally appropriate. Today, I'm going to share a kid-friendly craft of felted wool acorns.

There are many different tutorials on how to make these on the internet. You can follow this full tutorial written by Nicole for Catch My Party.

What you need:
Wool roving (found in most craft stores in the needle crafting section)
Acorn caps
Warm, soapy water
Glue (I used hot glue)

The basic idea is to agitate the wool by rolling it between your hands using the warm, soapy water to speed up the felting process.


Once you have a dense ball of felted wool, just let it dry out, then glue it into your acorn cap.

There are many possibilities when it comes to decorating with your acorns. I have simply scattered them on the dining table, and I've also just kept them out in a small dish. Just be warned: cats think these make great toys to bat around. So, maybe that is another use for them.


And I figure, if you are out of time for making these this fall, you could also turn these into adorable ornaments for your Christmas tree. You could even use them to decorate holiday packages.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment