Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall is in the Air

It's officially fall! I don't know what it is about fall that just makes me want to hunker down and work on some crafts. So, I decided that I would gather together some fun fall crafts that can be done as an adult (like myself) or with your little ones.

As a kid, I always loved gathering leaves. I think it might have been the novelty of it. As a born and raised California girl the leaves only fall off of certain trees, and some of the ones that do just get brown and crunchy. So, depending on where you live, you might not be as excited to gather leaves, but leaves can be great for some seasonal crafts. It also gives you an excuse to explore your yard or neighborhood and enjoy the nice fall weather.

Once you have gathered some leaves, there are many possibilities for them. Pressing them in a book or a flower press first will make them last longer without crumbling to pieces. Then you can make a cute bunting to adorn your house like this one from Simple as That the Blog.


Or you can use a paper punch on the leaves for whatever may strike your fancy, like in this post from Elise on Grow Creative. You could even combine this with the bunting idea for some fun shapes.


I love the creativity this next craft can ignite, and it can also be educational. Martha Stewart shows how to make a leaf alphabet. I think the different animals you can make out of various leaf shapes are so cute.


Maybe you don't have any pretty leaves in your yard (like mine), you can sponge or finger-paint some of your own. Check out this tutorial from Sharilyn at lovelydesign.

You can also make your own leaves out of paper. Check out this tutorial on mmmcrafts. I love the little hole punches in the leaves to mimic the look of real leaves.



Stay tuned for more craft ideas. I'm even going to share some that I've made myself. Now, go out and enjoy the beautiful fall weather while you gather some leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment